I. How We Collect and Use Information
A. Personally Identifiable Information: We collect information from you that can be used to identify you as an individual (“Personally Identifiable Information”) only when you provide such information directly to us in connection with the Services. Your provision of your Personally Identifiable Information to us is completely voluntary, it is not a statutory or contractual requirement.
1. Types of Personally Identifiable Information you may provide: You aren’t required to provide us with any Personally Identifiable Information in order to use our Services, however, you may choose to provide certain Personally Identifiable Information to us, such as your full name, email address, phone number, physical address, and access to contacts stored on your mobile device or tablet computer. We may also retain the contents of any messages you send to us or through the Services, and we may collect information you provide in user content that you post or upload to the Services (“User Content”). Finally, we may now or in the future allow Users to create accounts. If you choose to sign up for a User account, we may collect certain Personally Identifiable Information, including your username, full name, phone number, physical address, and e-mail address. You will be able to view your account information on your User account.
2. Personally Identifiable Information we may receive from third parties: We may now or in the future receive Personally Identifiable Information about you from third parties. For example, if you access our Sites or Services through a third-party connection or log-in, including social networking services such as Google, Facebook, or Twitter, by “following,” “liking,” adding the 360 Video application, linking your account to the Services, etc., that third party may pass certain information about your use of its service to 360 Video. This information could include, but is not limited to, the user ID associated with your account (for example, your Facebook user identification), an access token necessary to access that service, any information that you have permitted the third party to share with us, and any information you have made public in connection with that service. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to the Services.
B. Non-Personally Identifiable Information: We also collect and use information about your interactions with the Services in a manner and format that does not identify you as an individual (“Non-Personally Identifiable Information”). We may collect, use, and disclose the following types of Non-Personally Identifiable Information:
1. Analytics information. We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Services. These tools collect information sent by your browser as part of a web page request, including the web pages you visit, your browser add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving the Services. We may collect and use this analytics information together with your Personally Identifiable Information to build a broader profile of our individual Users so that we can serve you better.
2. Cookies information: When you visit the Services, we may send one or more cookies to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser and lets 360 Video help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through the Service. A cookie may also convey information to us about how you use the Services (e.g., the pages you view, the links you click and other actions you take on the Services), and allow us or our business partners to track your usage of the Services over time. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Sites. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser’s directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the Services may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
3. Log file information: Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you access a web page. When you use our Services, our servers (whether operated by us or a third party provider) automatically record certain log file information. These server logs may include anonymous information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Services, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information.
4. Clear gifs/web beacons information: When you use the Services, we may employ clear gifs (also known as web beacons) which are used to anonymously track the online usage patterns of our Users. In addition, we may also use clear gifs in HTML-based emails sent to our Users to track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information is allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Services.
5. Device identifiers: When you access the Services by or through a mobile device (including but not limited to smart-phones or tablets), we may access, collect, monitor and/or remotely store one or more “device identifiers,” such as a unique device or advertising identifier (“UDID”). Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by 360 Video. A device identifier may convey information to us about how you browse and use the Services. A device identifier may remain persistently on your device, to help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through the Services. Some features of the Services may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
6. Location data: When you access the Services by or through a mobile device, we may access, collect, monitor and/or remotely store “location data,” which may include GPS coordinates (e.g. latitude and/or longitude) or similar information regarding the location of your mobile device. Location data may convey to us information about how you browse and use the Services. Some features of the Services, particularly location-based services, may not function properly if use or availability of location data is impaired or disabled.
II. Sharing of Your Information
A. Personally Identifiable Information: We will not rent or sell your Personally Identifiable Information to third parties outside 360 Video and its controlled subsidiaries and affiliates without your consent, except as noted below:
1. Who we may share your Personally Identifiable Information with: We respect your privacy and encourage sharing of Personally Identifiable Information on an opt-in, case-by-case basis. We may offer sponsored content or prompts on behalf of clearly identified third parties ("Sponsors"). If you elect (opt-in) to provide your information in response to content or a prompt, then we may share or sell your Personally Identifiable Information, either alone or together with Services usage and analytics information, with the Sponsor identified and/or any intermediary acting on behalf of that Sponsor. Opting-in for one Sponsor does not mean we’ll share your information with other Sponsors. We may also share your Personally Identifiable Information with third-party providers for the purpose of providing the Services to you (i.e. email providers, server providers, etc.).
2. Who you may choose to share your User Content with: If you elect to post something in a public area of our Services, any Personally Identifiable Information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Services, becomes available to the public, as controlled by any applicable privacy settings. If you remove information that you posted to the Services, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Services, or if other Users have copied or saved that information.
4. Instances where we are required to share your Personally Identifiable Information: 360 Video will disclose Personally Identifiable Information where required to do so by law or subpoena or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to (a) comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement; (b) to enforce our Terms of Service at http://m.360video.co/terms or to protect the security or integrity of our Services; and/or (c) to exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of 360 Video, our Users or others.
B. Non-Personally Identifiable Information: We may share Non-Personally Identifiable Information, including information obtained through tools such as cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data and clear gifs (such as anonymous usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.): (i) in any manner permitted for Personally Identifiable Information; and (ii) with our third-party business partners for the purposes described in the section above on “How We Collect and Use Information.” We may also aggregate or otherwise strip data of all personally identifying characteristics and may share that aggregated, anonymized data with third parties.
IF YOU ARE NOT INTERESTED IN RECEIVING PERSONALIZED ADS ON THE SERVICES, THEN SEE THE “YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION” SECTION BELOW FOR INFORMATION ON HOW TO ADJUST YOUR PRIVACY SETTINGS.
III. How We Store and Protect Your Information
B. Keeping your information safe: 360 Video cares about the security of your information, and uses commercially reasonable safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all information collected through the Services. However, 360 Video cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to 360 Video or guarantee that information on the Services may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes to the functionality of 360 Video’s distributors, such as social networks. 360 Video is not responsible for the functionality or security measures of any third party.
C. Compromise of information: In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, 360 Video will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
IV. Your Choices About Your Information / Right to Withdraw Consent
A. Opting out of collection of Personally Identifiable Information: You may decline to submit any Personally Identifiable Information through the Services, in which case 360 Video may not be able to provide certain services to you. You may withdraw your consent to process your Personally Identifiable Information by contacting us at email@example.com.
B. Opting out of collection of Non-Personally Identifiable Information: Please refer to your mobile device or browser’s technical information for instructions on how to delete and disable cookies, and other tracking/recording tools. Note that disabling cookies on your mobile device or browser will prevent 360 Video or its business partners from tracking your browser’s activities in relation to the Services, and for use in targeted online advertising. However, doing so may disable many of the features available through the Services.
C. Opt out of Targeted Advertising. 360 Video complies with the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising as administered by the DAA. You can learn more about targeted advertising and opt-out of targeted advertising from certain providers with whom 360 Video works by visiting the NAI’s website or the DAA’s website. The opt-out process through the NAI and DAA relies upon the placement of an opt-out cookie on your device, and you must repeat this process on each device or if your cookies are purged from your device. If your device does not accept cookies, you can install the DAA’s AppChoices app on your device to opt-out of targeted advertising in apps by certain providers and can also select a system level advertising preference feature on your device (such as “Limit Ad Tracking” on Apple devices), which 360 Video will then honor as your preference.
D. EU data subject rights: If you are a resident of the European Union (the “EU”), you have the following additional rights:
- Right to access – This right allows individuals to obtain confirmation as to whether or not Personally Identifiable Information concerning him or her is being process and provide access to such Personally Identifiable Information. It also allows individuals to request details of the processing of his or her Personally Identifiable Information, including, without limitation, categories of recipients to whom the Personally Identifiable Information have been or will be disclosed and purposes of processing.
- Right to rectify – This right allows individuals to rectify any inaccurate Personally Identifiable Information about him or her.
- Right to restrict processing – This right allows individuals to block or suppress processing of Personally Identifiable Information under certain circumstances.
- Right to be forgotten – This right is also known as the “right to erasure”. It is an individual’s right to have Personally Identifiable Information erased or to prevent processing in specific circumstances.
- Right of data portability – This right allows individuals to move, copy or transfer Personally Identifiable Information from one place to another in a secure manner without interrupting the integrity and usability of the information.
- Right to object to processing – This right allows individuals to object to certain types of processing of Personally Identifiable Information, including direct marketing, profiling and providing for purposes of scientific or historical research and statistics.
V. Children’s Privacy
360 Video does not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register as Users. The Services and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. IF YOU ARE UNDER 13, please do not send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without proper consent of the child’s parent or guardian, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
VI. California Privacy Rights
Users who are California residents may request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, certain information about the Personally Identifiable Information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personally identifiable information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to email@example.com.
VII. Other Web Sites and Services
VIII. Third-party Advertisers, Links to Other Sites
360 Video does not provide any personally identifiable information to these third-party ad servers or ad networks without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. However, please note that if an advertiser asks 360 Video to show an advertisement to a certain audience (for example, men ages 18-34) or audience segment (for example, men ages 18-24 who have viewed certain content) and you respond to that advertisement, the advertiser or ad-server may conclude that you fit the description of the audience they are trying to reach. The advertiser may also use information regarding your use of the Services, such as the number of times you viewed an ad (but not any personally identifiable information), to determine which ads to deliver to you.
IX. Do Not Track
We do not track or respond to browser “Do Not Track” Requests.
X. How to Contact Us